Monday, September 22, 2014

CDPHE Section Changes

Hi all,
Over the past several months, I have been working on establishing a new structure for the STI/HIV/VH section that will help us better align our service delivery across all programs. With this, I would like to share with you several important announcements.

As most of you are aware, our HIV Care and Prevention programs are becoming increasingly aligned, with treatment and retention in care becoming an integral part of the prevention of

HIV. Therefore, I have established the Integrated Care and Prevention Program.  I believe that this integration is vital to our efforts to most effectively deliver services to our clients throughout Colorado.   
Next, I have established the Evaluation, Technical Assistance and Capacity Building Program.  These services are vital across the section, and I believe that these services will be accomplished most effectively at the program level.  I am pleased to announce that Rose-Marie Nelson has accepted the task of managing this new program. Please join me in congratulating Rose-Marie in her new position.

Lastly, I am creating the position of Deputy Section Chief; this position will directly oversee the new Integrated Care and Prevention Program.  I am pleased to announce that Bob Bongiovanni has accepted the position of Interim Deputy Section Chief.  I want to thank Bob for taking on these additional duties while we continue to work on this transition. His experience in both care and prevention will be invaluable as we move forward.
 

Over the course of the next several weeks, I will continue to work with the managers to best determine what additional changes are needed. I realize that we have a great many tasks in the works, and I want to assure you that section staff and I will be working to ensure the smoothest transition possible over the next several weeks.  I would like to ask for your patience and understanding during this process.  
As always, thank you for the great work you do every day.

Mel



Melanie S. Mattson
STI/HIV/Viral Hepatitis Section Chief
Disease Control and Environmental Epidemiology
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver CO 80246

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.